Special Edition Digital Drum Voice
‘HASWELL’S TAIKO’ is a special edition Eurorack drum synthesiser module limited to just 100 individually numbered units.
A collaboration between ALM/Busy Circuits and artist Russell Haswell. ‘HASWELL’S TAIKO’ is a re-imagining of ALM’s popular ‘Dinky’s Taiko’ drum module with both a harsher darker look and sound. Expanding the existing features, this limited edition contains an alternate wavetable sound bank of 30 unique and unusual waveforms hand-drawn by Russell Haswell specifically for this module. The waveforms range from broken classics to the unorthodox and nasty reflecting Russell’s unique sound.
The drum voice consists of 3 parts; a digital noise source with controllable frequency and release time, a wavetable oscillator with start and end frequency settings together with a variable rate (and release time), and finally a mix and tone control for the audio output. All settings, bar the tone control, are both direct and voltage controllable.
The drum voice includes a trigger input as well as accent and choke trigger inputs to add further expressive and rhythmic control.
Note HASWELL’S TAIKO has long since sold out and is no longer available. The reenvisioned and much improved Tyso Daiko is however currently available.
- Custom ‘inverted’ matt black panel & knobs with white graphics.
- Alternate wavetable sound bank with 30 unique hand drawn waveforms.
- Wide varied 12 Bit digital drum sound source through fully analog EQ.
- Extremely wide pallet of sounds with lots of modulation possibilities.
- Digital noise generator combined with variable wavetable oscillator through an EQ and mix output.
- Trigger, accent and choke trigger inputs.
- Reverse polarity protection.
- Skiff friendly.
- Designed and Made in the UK.
Supply: +12V ~80mA / -12V ~80mA
Depth: 32mm (including power header)
Note HASWELL’S TAIKO has long since sold out and is no longer available. Dinky’s Taiko is however still available.