ALM013: Haswell's Taiko
‘HASWELL’S TAIKO’ is a special edition Eurorack drum synthesiser module limited to just 100 individually numbered units.
A collaboration between ALM/Busy Circuits and artist Russell Haswell. ‘HASWELL’S TAIKO’ is a re-imagining of ALM’s popular ‘Dinky’s Taiko’ drum module with both a harsher darker look and sound. Expanding the existing features, this limited edition contains an alternate wavetable sound bank of 30 unique and unusual waveforms hand-drawn by Russell Haswell specifically for this module. The waveforms range from broken classics to the unorthodox and nasty reflecting Russell’s unique sound.
The drum voice consists of 3 parts; a digital noise source with controllable frequency and release time, a wavetable oscillator with start and end frequency settings together with a variable rate (and release time), and finally a mix and tone control for the audio output. All settings, bar the tone control, are both direct and voltage controllable.
The drum voice includes a trigger input as well as accent and choke trigger inputs to add further expressive and rhythmic control.
‘HASWELL’S TAIKO’ HAS LONG SINCE~ SOLD OUT AND IS NOT LONGER AVAILABLE. ‘DINKY’S TAIKO’ IS HOWEVER STILL AVAILABLE.
- Custom ‘inverted’ matt black panel & knobs with white graphics.
- Alternate wavetable sound bank with 30 unique hand drawn waveforms.
- Wide varied 12 Bit digital drum sound source through fully analog EQ.
- Extremely wide pallet of sounds with lots of modulation possibilities.
- Digital noise generator combined with variable wavetable oscillator through an EQ and mix output.
- Trigger, accent and choke trigger inputs.
- Reverse polarity protection.
- Skiff friendly.
- Designed and Made in the UK.
Technical SpecificationsSupply: +/-12V (Reverse voltage protection)
Current Draw: ~80ma
Size: 12 HP
Depth: 32mm (including power header)